1. CLAUS JEPSEN
  2. Bugs
  3. Tuesday, 27 July 2021
  4.  Subscribe via email
Hi,
I have installed the CMC component and enabled API/Webhook. I get the lists syncronized, but only 57 out of 145 users are syncronized.

I have added a custom group and later updated, but CMC only adds the 57 users.
Responses (5)
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
I realized that I had "double opt-in" set on the users, which could be the reason.
I removed that in Joomla CMC component, deleted all users in CMC and re-added the list.
Now only 5 users are syncronized.

Do all the users still need to accept (it is current members who already applied for newsletter)??
Can opt-in be avoided?
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Bugs
  3. # 1
Daniel Dimitrov
Support team
Hey Claus,
Do you get an error? And with synchronized - what do you mean? You cannot get the mamilchimp users into the joomla db, or you can‘t get the joomla users in the mailchimp db?

I‘ll have to read again the code to be able to tell what happens exactly, but I do remember that if you are adding joomla users to mailchimp, mailchimp actually sends them a mail asking them to confirm their membership and if they don‘t click the link, they are not added.

Regards,
Daniel
Please if you use our extensions be so kind and review them at JED
Matukio | Hotspots Pro | CComment Pro
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Bugs
  3. # 2
Hi Daniel - thanks for your reply.
I can't get the joomla users into mailchimp db.

I guess you are right. Even if I de-select the Double Opt-in, emails are sent to the users. I guess that is the single opt-in that are default and probably cannot be disabled.

I noticed that no opt-in mail will be sent if you import the users directly to mailchimp via their CVS import. Is that possible and still have syncronization using the CMC afterwards (can it map the uses if manually imported to Mailchimp)?

The reason why I don't want opt-in is, that those users are old members - for years - who don't understand that they have to accept this again - or simply don't react (some are seniors). It is a prerequisite to be a member, that you receive the newsletters.

/claus
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Bugs
  3. # 3
Daniel Dimitrov
Support team
The only thing why you need the sync is for the newsletter module on the site to show you the correct thing. For example for already registered users - it will show them a link to edit their subscription instead of a form to subscribe to the newsletter.

Is importing the csv and then syncing the users from mailchimp working? Maybe this could be a workaround.
Please if you use our extensions be so kind and review them at JED
Matukio | Hotspots Pro | CComment Pro
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Bugs
  3. # 4
Import turned out to be the way to go.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Bugs
  3. # 5
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.

Last questions

Errror on Google Captcha V3 in Matukio
Hi, I am experiencing spam-problems on contact-forms protected by google reCa...
0 Replies
Posted on Wednesday, 20 March 2024
Google map styles migrating......
Google are updating their map styles. Is there anything we need to do to migrate...
0 Replies
Posted on Monday, 18 March 2024
  • #google maps
  • #map styles
Latest Hotspots Makes Website Hang
When using the Latest Hotspot module, the webpage slows down and does not load....
3 Replies
Posted on Monday, 15 January 2024
Text ändern
Hallo in der Übersicht der Veranstaltungen kann man ja auf "Mehr Informati...
0 Replies
Posted on Thursday, 14 March 2024
When is CComment compatible with Joomla 5?
When is CComment compatible with Joomla 5?...
3 Replies
Posted on Tuesday, 05 December 2023
  • #CComment
  • #Joomla 5