1. Frédéric Fitaire
  2. Newbie area
  3. Tuesday, 20 August 2013
  4.  Subscribe via email
Hi,

I get an "Error 500" message in my whole site after having installed CComment Core.
Back to normal after having disabled the following items:

[ul]
[li]CComment component (appears 2 times in the extension list ?)[/li]
[li]Content - CComment plugin[/li]
[/ul]
Wrong permissions applied somewhere ?
Please help ;)

NB: I must precise that this appears on my dev site where I did a migration from Joomla 1.5 to 2.5.
I was previously using Compojoom Comment 4.1.8. After migration to Joomla 2.5.14, I installed CComment 5.0 without uninstalling Compojoom Comment 4.1.8 (which was not seen in the J!2.5 backend). I then retrieved all the comments of the old site.
But in the "Manage comments" tab of the component, I also see 2 error messages:

Warning: mysqli_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in /homez.741/mccrmxpa/www/libraries/joomla/database/database/mysqli.php on line 263

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /homez.741/mccrmxpa/www/administrator/components/com_comment/views/comments/view.html.php on line 50

I read in the documentation that the upgrade of 4.1.+ version to 5.0 must be done with intermediate version 4.2, which is not what I did. Could it be linked ?

I now run CComment plugin option "Enable for com_content" set to "No" to avoid error 500.

I hope it will help. Otherwise, ask for an admin account if needed.
Responses (10)

There are %s replies to this question. If you want to see them you need a valid subscription.
If you have a valid subscription, please login now.
Visit store now

Last questions

Changes to the Submission form
Can you make changes to the Submission form? There are a few fields I'd like to ...
0 Replies
Posted on Thursday, 18 April 2024
  • New
  • Questions on new installation...
    Working on getting this set up... https://eastend2024.joepolecheck.com/rumma...
    2 Replies
    Posted on Wednesday, 17 April 2024
  • New
  • Error received? Class "XMLReader" not fo
    Just installed the Pro version of Hotspots, but am getting an error when I try t...
    1 Replies
    Posted on Wednesday, 17 April 2024
  • Resolved
  • New
  • Links aus Veranstaltungsübersicht funktionieren ni
    Nach der Migration von Joomla 3.10 auf Joomla 5.0.3 treten folgende Probleme auf...
    2 Replies
    Posted on Monday, 08 April 2024
    Custom Hotspot Marker fails to load
    I just updated from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4.3.4 and Hotspots 6.0.12. I decided to e...
    0 Replies
    Posted on Tuesday, 09 April 2024