Biggie Smalls created a lot of buzz throughout the community on arrival. It led to vast amounts of enquiries regarding details on the creation of Joomla Templates.
Many enquiries were similar to others, So I thought it might be an idea to sum up details as best I can, to a presentation concerning the main features on how to make professional Joomla Templates.
A knowledge base like this packs the needed information into a learning curve that should get you up and running in hours, rather than months from self teaching methods....
To get things underway here's my first intriductory video.Take a look and let me know what you think(do you like my accent, etc :))
Full workshop content:
- General template information
- What is the purpose of a template?
- Why does Joomla! use templates?
- How are templates executed?
- Installing a template
- Working with the template manager
- Create your own template
- Setting up a directory structure
- Creating a basic templateDetails.xml file
- Creating a basic index.php file
- jdoc statements
- the type attribute
- the style attribute
- Packaging the template for installation
- Overriding the system output
- a little theory about MVC
- Template vs. Layout
- Output types
- Create or copy layout files
- Overriding sub-layouts
- Module overrides
- Module chrome
- Pagination links overrides
- Template params
- Defining a parameter in templateDetails.xml
- Storing template parameters values
- Retrieving paramater data in a template file
- Creating custom template parameter types
- Location of standard parameter type codes
- Starting a new custom parameter type
- changes to the XML file for custom parameters types
- coding a custom parameter type
- Multilingual templates
- Location of template language definition files
- Print version
- Customizing the print pop-up
- Pop-up only Styles
- Pop-up only Modules
- Changing the site favicon
- 30 minutes for questions and answers
You also get get the developer version of the Biggie Smalls template which retails for $147. I'm doing this so that you can not only learn how to do it yourself but also have something as a reference point so that for sake of convinence, you can even model on it.
Full money back guarantee
Because there are only so many people that can be trained at a time, the live training is restricted to 20 people.
For the webinar we will use: http://dimdim.com
P.S. If you have any questions or suggestions what the workshop should also cover don't hesitate to leave a comment!
The webinar will start at exactly 16:00 Berlin time.