I'm using J!2.5.19 and also Kunena forum 2.0 with the latest UddeIM messaging components, but lately I have been receiving system errors for sent notifications to users (especially regarding Gmail users), so decided to give Mandrill a go. I have now registered on Mandrill and have my API key.
Installed CMandrill 3.0.1 and inserted API key and enabled the system plugin. Created a new user and received the error: ERROR_SENDING_EMAIL
I'm new at this, so I'm not sure if I need to make any changes in Configure > Server > Mail Settings ? At the moment those settings are set to use PHPmail as default. I'm not sure if It's necessary to place the Mandrill smtp settings in there for this to work correctly ?
Any help to get this working for new registrations, Kunena and UddeIM notifications would be really appreciated - also, happy to supply superadmin access if needed
Go on the mandrill.com website and look in the api log in your account. Maybe there you can find information why the email was not sent. Also cmandrill generates a log file - it should also tell you if something went wrong with the sent.
Also, just tested sending a message via my site's contact form and I get an error on the front end. After checking the plugin log, there are similar 'deprecated' messages as my previous post. Why is the log showing deprecated errors ?
So until this can be resolved, my contact form (+ other front-end forms) is no longer working either.
The deprecated warnings have nothing to do with the issue.
Are you sure that you have provided the correct key?
If you can't get it to work, please send me access credentials to your site and I'll have a look.
Yes the key was correct, but to be sure I deleted the previous API key and created a new one. Uninstalled CMandrill and then re-installed and set up with the new API key and enabled the plugin. Tried creating a new user, but I still get the same error message.
Thanks for offering to take a look for me - where do you want me to send you my site's access credentials ?
FYI - my site also uses Guest access - as there are menus and pages that are only accessible when logged in and also logged out. eg. the contact form and menu item is not required for logged in users, it's only required for non-registered users. I did try changing the plugin access from Public to Guest, and then registering a new user worked ok with no errors. But sending a contact form still had errors.
Can you confirm where to send the site details so that you can take a look - maybe at your 'contact-us' email address ?
All the time there was something fishy about that and I didn't know what. But now it struck me.
ERROR_SENDING_EMAIL - is not coming from cmandrill. There isn't any line in the code that produces this error.
Most probably you have something else that steals the sending of the mail. In order to further debug this I would need ftp access to the site.
FYI - the other extensions that are used for mailing are Breezing Forms, FlexiContact, Kunena and also UddeIM messaging for Kunena.
FlexiContact is the main contact form, and Breezing forms are used for other custom forms used on the front end.
Kunena and UddeIM use notification emails for forum topic subscriptions and messages.
Previously, all the above extensions had used the server mail settings set as PHPmail with no problems. But since the Gmail possible spam issue not allowing port 25 etc. I have started using Mandrill/CMandrill to overcome that problem, but now everything has stopped working. I would really like to use the Mandrill/CMandrill setup if possible, but may have to look for an alternative solution if this can't be fixed. Appreciate your time Daniel.. as mentioned I have sent you the FTP details.
Here is what is happening. CMandrill is actually sending the emails. The issue is that the mandrill API returns a status of 'queued' and since the status is not sent, we return false and the default joomla API takes controll of the send process. So the 'Error sending mail" comes from joomla and not our component.
Now - why is the status queued? I have no real idea. Look in mandrill, have you perhaps paused the deliver? Like at the api log in mandrill - does it say anything?
Checked Mandrill and sending is not paused - but if you wish to check further, I'm happy to send you the Mandrill login.. please let me know.
Checked API log and no logs in Failed API Calls.. but lots in successfull calls.
Here is the new user you tried to create (see attached screenshot):
Sorry for the trouble. This account matched some of our abuse detection heuristics, and your sending was paused briefly while we reviewed the account. We've re-enabled the account and your user's mail is beginning to send. This was a one-time review, and there's nothing additional you need to do.
Let us know if you have any additional questions.
________________________________________The Mandrill Crew
It should be working all fine now. Please block all my accounts and also delete the super admin account that I created for testing.
Also - you should enter the info for the smtp sending in your global config. This way if for some reason the API send fails, it can still go back to smtp.